My pink flowered socks,
I wore them many times.
But now the heels are shot,
who committed this crime?
Even though I wore
I wore them many times.
But now the heels are shot,
who committed this crime?
Even though I wore
plain socks underneath
the flowered ones were more
thin than a leaf.
I loved the purple trim,
the pink and yellow flowers.
I'd wear them on a whim,
for many school and play hours.
But now the heels are holey, it's time to say goodbye,
though my feet are crying, into the trash they will fly.
the flowered ones were more
thin than a leaf.
I loved the purple trim,
the pink and yellow flowers.
I'd wear them on a whim,
for many school and play hours.
But now the heels are holey, it's time to say goodbye,
though my feet are crying, into the trash they will fly.





I mourn the loss of such wonderful socks along with you. I hope the memory of those socks outweighs the loss you are feeling at their departure.
ReplyDelete