Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Journey



I love the Books of Bayern. They speak to my heart and soul in ways that are both simple and profound. I find parts of myself in each of them; and as the character grows, I grow with them. I can't describe the way that they probe and poke at my faults and short comings; the way that they help me discover my strong points and characteristics and explore them to their fullness.

I love all four books, but I just recently finished reading the fourth and final one, Forest Born. This one seems to speak to me more piercingly than the others. The main character, Rin, is my kindred spirit. I feel as though we have grown together, experiencing the same trials and times of peace and love.

I plan to read and reread and reread the other books as well as this one, hungry for the understanding and journey of finding myself in the pages.

2 comments: