Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Music Makes the Heart Happy

Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me

"Thank you for the Music" ABBA

You know those songs?

The ones that make you sing and dance at the store, even though people are watching?

The ones that you blast on the radio?

The ones that you have memorized, word for word?

The ones that you play while you clean?

The ones that make your heart pump?

The ones that make your whole body happy?

The ones that make your heart sing?

I call them "beltin' out songs". And here are some of my favorite ones. :D

Don't Stop Believing-Journey
Somebody to Love-Queen
My Girl-The Temptations
It's Ain't Me, Babe-Johny Cash
Accidentally in Love-Counting Crows
Ever Ever After-Carrie Underwood
Bleeding Love-Leona Lewis
Won't Say I'm in Love-Disney's Hercules
Walk like a Man-Four Seasons
Fallin' for You-Colbie Caillat
Help!-The Beatles
You Belong with Me-Taylor Swift
I Can't Help Myself-The Four Tops
Life is a Highway-Rascal Flatts
That Thing You Do-The Wonders

Music makes the heart happy :) <3

4 comments:

  1. Great list, Amanda! Many of those would be on my list as well. I was listening to my iPod while shuffling around the BYU track the other day and couldn't resist singing when "Don't Stop Believing" came on.

    I compromised and lip-synced. But I'm sure I still looked silly to my fellow exercisers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I made myself a cd of all these songs. I probably would have sung with you if I was there :)

    ReplyDelete